Light Seafood and Vegetable Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 medium mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1⁄3 medium red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 scallion
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 8 ounces lobsters
- Start water boiling to boil pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a large, flat bottom pan.
- When oil is hot, toss in garlic to soften (but not brown).
- Add about 1/3 can of the broth.
- Water should be boiling, toss in the pasta for about 5-6 minutes.
- Toss in vegetables in this order: beans, peppers, zucchini, scallions, tomatoes, mushrooms. Saute the veggies, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the cold half and half with the cornstarch to make a roux.
- Whisk into the retained broth, then add all into the pan of veggies.
- If lobster (or shrimp, etc.) is pre-cooked, wait to add until the last 1 minute of cooking so it doesn't over-cook. Heat it through.
- Drain pasta.
- Serve with a little Parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a former fat girl who is into exercise and healthy living. I have lost over 100 pounds on Weight Watchers so all of my recipes will be "point friendly".