Light Lemon Cauliflower
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon margarine, reduce-fat (I use butter)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Place 1 tlbs parsley, lemon peel and about 1 inch of water in a large saucepan.
- Place cauliflower in steamer basket and place in saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover and steam 14 to 16 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Remove to large bowl; keep warm.
- Reserve 1/2 cup hot liquid.
- Heat margarine (or butter) in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in lemon juice and reserved liquid.
- Spoon lemon sauce over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3 tbls parsley and cheese before serving .
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This veggie side dish paired beautifully with snapper almondine. I chose to steam the cauliflower minus the lemon peel and parsley. This would also work well with other vegetables, too. I added some asparagus for color. Freshly grated Grana Padano cheese to top it all off. The cauliflower and parsley were from our CSA box and were made good use of! Prepared for the FYI tag game.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>