Light Crustless Pumpkin Pie
This is a recipe for pumpkin pie which I have sort of concocted myself. It is absolutely delicious, and unbelievably lowfat/low-calorie. It's perfect for diabetics or those watching their weight, but it tastes so yummy that most people would love it! It is a bit spicy, so if you don't like spices very much, leave out the cloves.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix, just pure canned pumpkin)
- 1 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat egg whites well.
- Stir sugar mixture into the large bowl.
- Stir in the can of pumpkin.
- Slowly stir in skim milk.
- Stir well, until all ingredients are uniformly mixed.
- Pour into a 9-inch round pie plate that has been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for twelve to fifteen minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°F.
- Bake pie an additional 30-35 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove pie from oven and cool.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.