Light Bleu Cheese Dressing
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- Put yogurt in cheese cloth in a small strainer over a bowl. Let drain in fridge 20 minutes.
- Combine buttermilk, yogurt, vinegar, sugar and mayo til well blended. Season to taste. Fold in bleu cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! This is a great low-fat bleu cheese dressing. I always shy away from it because of the fat content, but not this recipe. I did add a little bit of garlic powder just because of personal preference. The only thing that I would do different next time, would be to use my blender and blend a small amount of the bleu cheese into the base. It really does need to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to get the flavors to blend. Thanks for posting this sugarnuts! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.