Light and Simple Herb and Garlic Batter
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups of batter
- Mix dry ingredients together in a deep bowl.
- Dump in milk all at once and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Coat pieces of food to be fried in batter and deep-fat fry as usual.
- Any leftover batter can be drizzled into the hot fry oil to make batter crispies.
- Double if necessary but I'd recommend making extra batches after using the first rather than tripling because the fizz from the self-rising flour will be deflate after the batter sits for a while.
- If you don't have self-rising flour you can use all-purpose flour with a tsp of baking powder and a good pinch of salt per cup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!