Lentils Couscous Recipe
I made this recipe the other day, instead of using rice , I used Couscous, and it was really good. Basically it is cooked the same as the lentils and Rice Recipe (Mujadarah) only subsituting couscous for Rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 2 large onions (sliced 1/2 inch slivers)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne (optional)
- Saute onions with olive oil (stirring occasionally) until golden brown. Reserve 4 tablespoons of browned onions for garnish.
- Meanwhile place lentils, water (or broth) salt,and black Pepper in a different saucepan and cook for around 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Add Couscous, browned onions, cumin, and dash of cayenne to the lentils, stir, cover and simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Place Lentils and Couscous in serving dish and garnish with 4 tablespoons of reserved browned onions.
- This recipe is best when served with Tomatoe Salad. See my recipe for Tomatoe Salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more