Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 medium onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 head fresh garlic, cut in half
- 1 stalk celery, chopped coarsely
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in cavity of chicken.
- Combine garlic, onion and celery and stuff into the cavity.
- Combine lemon juice and zest with the olive oil and brush over the skin of the chicken.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove from roasting pan and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lemon rubbed on roast chicken? YES! While the chicken didn't really taste "lemony", the juice gave it a nice clean and fresh flavor. I also loved the garlic which made for some delicious tasting pan juices to serve over everything on our plate. I added some quartered red potatoes to the pan and they were perfectly done at the same time as the chicken, and were delicious mashed up with those garlicky juices. I also added some dried rosemary inside the chicken and sprinkled on the top as well as on the potatoes. My DH and I smiled and toasted to you Marie; thanks for a wonderful meal!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.