- Preheat oven to 425°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, butter, lemon zest, and vanilla until well blended.
- Whisk in the cottage cheese and milk until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer muffins to the rack to cool.