Lemon Coconut Tartlets
photo by rohanlori
- Ready In:
- In bowl, combine sugar & flour.
- Beat in eggs, lemon peel & juice by hand.
- Divide the coconut among the tart shells (approximately 1 teaspoons each).
- Pour lemon mixture over top of coconut.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were even better than I expected them to be! I doubled the recipe and used mini filo dough tart shells--this made about 75 tiny tarts. I tented the tarts with foil for part of the baking time because I was unsure if the filo dough shells would hold up well in the oven for the full 20 minute cooking time. I also topped the tarts with "Never Weep" Whipped Cream Recipe #74805 and toasted coconut. Very impressive looking with a taste to match. I made these for a bridal shower and would definitely take them to any such occasion, thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 38 year old married woman. I have been cooking and baking since I was 10 years old. I long ago mastered the art of making something taste good & I am now working hard at perfecting the presentation aspect of food. I took a cake decorating course nearly 3 years ago which gave me lots of great ideas.