Lemon Cloud Pie
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- Preheat oven to 225°F
- Trace a 9-inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper, place the paper on a baking sheet.
- Beat the egg whites on medium speed in a large bowl until foamy.
- Increase the speed to medium-high, add the cream of tartar and salt, and beat just till the egg whites form stiff peaks. Add the granulated sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, and continue beating just until stiff peaks are formed.
- Spoon meringue into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Starting at the outside edge of the circle traced on the parchment paper, pipe the meringue into a spiral to fill the circle.
- Holding the pastry bag upright and starting at the outer edge of the meringue, pipe 1 tier of rossettes along th edge to make a rim, then pipe a second tier of rossettes on the shoulders of the first tier.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the meringue is dry to the touch. Turn off the oven and leave the meringue in the oven for 2 hours. Peel off the paper. Store meringue tightly wrapped if not using immediately.
- Just before serving, beat the cream on high in a large bowl till it it forms stiff peaks. Beat in the lemon curd just until its combined well. Spoon the filling into the meringue shell, arrange berries on top, and lightly dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediateley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!