Lemon Cake With Lemon Cream or Raspberry Sauce
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup soft margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain 1% yogurt
- 2 large lemons, rind of
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup extra-thick Greek yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 (300 g) packages frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- In large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, yogurt and lemon rind. Mix flour with baking powder; beat into egg mixture alternatively with milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk.
- Spoon into greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Bake in 350F oven for 50 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Glaze: Stir lemon juice with sugar until sugar is dissolved. Invert cake onto rimmed plate; using toothpick, poke 1-inch deep holes in top of cake. Brush glaze over cake. Let cool. Serve with lemon cream or raspberry sauce.
- Lemon Cream: In small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lemon rind and juice, stirring well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or for up to 3 days.
- Raspberry Sauce: Thaw raspberries; drain and reserve 1/2 cup juice. Press berries through sieve over bowl to remove seeds. Stir in enough of the reserved juice to make sauce consistency. Stir in sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Really great, really great!! This is a wonderful tasting combination of lemon & raspberry. When I inverted the still hot cake, I used a much larger tool [my meat thermometer!] to poke deep holes in the top of the cake! Then I brushed the glaze over it time & again until it had all soaked in! As for the sauce, I wanted it ALL! I seeded one package of the berries & left the other berries whole, finishing off the raspberry sauce as per the recipe. THEN, made the lemon cream as well, & when I served the slice of cake, I included a drizzle of lemon cream along side a drizzle of raspberry sauce! Really, really good, & I can't thank you enough for this recipe!
The cake turned out very good. It was dense sort-of like pound cake and it was nice and soft. The lemon flavor was not very strong though. The cake also got very dark brown on the top...which is the part that was in the pan. The glaze was very thin and I think I'd make it thicker next time. What made this cake extra wonderful was eating it with the raspberry sauce. I cheated and used 1 bag of frozen raspberries and left them whole...I mixed them with the full 1/4 cup sugar. I also tried it with whipped cream. Yum! Kinda like raspberry shortcake! Made for Zaar Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Canadian girl that loves to cook for herself and for everyone around her!! I always enjoyed cooking but more so since I started taking better care of myself by eating healthier food (I am a Weight Watchers Lifetime member!). I still love my chocolate though! <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/samethingsticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/SoupsandsaladSTICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/PastastickerJPEG.jpg"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/derf16/food%20photography%20series/MuffinLovesticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/photo-swap-7sticky.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/L%5B1%5D.F-stickJPEG.jpg"> <img src="http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg"> <img src="http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/484938/Spelling-Bee-stick2jpg.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Octoberevent.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/TasteofYellow.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1535/CLC1.gif"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg">