Leftover Meatloaf Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 loaf of leftover meatloaf, crumbled (I prefer Yes, Virginia There is a Great Meatloaf)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 -3 cups Baby Spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can oregano and basil tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine (I had white zinfandel on hand and it worked great)
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, cooked
- cheese, to serve on top (blend of romano, parmegiano, and asiago are good)
- Heat oil in pan and saute onions and green bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper. When peppers and onions begin to soften, add garlic and basil.
- Add crumbled meat loaf. Do not overcook, just make sure to heat all the way through.
- Pour in wine and allow to boil 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and baby spinach.
- Top with tomato sauce, season again with salt and pepper, and cover.
- Lower heat and simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Toss with pasta and top with cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!