Lavender Lemon Loaf
photo by The Headless Baker
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 190 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 113 g butter
- 225 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lavender
- 3 eggs
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon juice
- 125 g icing sugar
- Set butter, eggs, and greek yogurt out to reach room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F Grease loaf pan with butter.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter, then add sugar, lemon zest, and lavender. Beat until light and well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time to the butter mixture.
- In another separate bowl, combine the greek yogurt with some of the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour dry ingredients into butter mixture, then add yogurt.
- Add rest of flour and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for about 55 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and cool for around 15 minutes and then place on rack to cool.
- Combine together icing sugar, lemon juice until smooth. I like the loaf to be more zesty, hence I used a whole lemon's juice for the icing.
- Drizzle over cooled loaf sprinkle with lavender and let it set.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Sundays are my baking days