Lavender Lemon Cupcakes (With Icing)
photo by sugarphine
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried lavender blossoms, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup loosely packed confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- fresh lavender buds (to garnish)
- Directions for the lavender lemon cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan. To make the batter, whisk together flour, lavender, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon juice, and zest. Beat in one-third of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in half the buttermilk, followed by another third of the flour, then the remaining buttermilk and flour.
- Fill cupcake liners about two-thirds of the way up and bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the icing: stir together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in zest. Drizzle over cupcakes and garnish with lavender. (Let frosting set for 30 minutes before packing or serving.) Serve right away or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.