Lamb Chops With Jalapeno Mint Sauce
These make a perfect weeknight meal- fast, flavorful, and easy. For a little less spiciness and a bit sweetwe flavor, substitute seedless raspberry jelly for the jelepeno jelly.
- Ready In:
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon spicy steak seasoning, such as spice islands
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1 jalapeno, seeded,sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint
- Trim fat from chops, so they will cook evenly and don't curl, combine flour and steak seasoning; dredge both sided of each chop in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a saute pan over medium high heat; add chops; sear 5 minutes per side for medium-rare (adjust cooking for desired doneness), remove chops from pan and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, scraping up any brown bits,; stir in jelly and jalapeno; bring to a boil, stirring until jelly melts, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes, turn off heat and stir in mint.
- To serve driizzle 3 tablespoons sauce over each chop, enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We always have jalapeno pepper jelly with lamb so was excited to see this recipe. I took a different approach to making this: added 2 Tblsp Montreal steak seasoning (by accident, but it came out great); 1 heaping Tblsp Mt Olive diced jalapenos; used dried Mint leaves. I don't care for Mint but it blended very well with other ingrediants. Mixed everything together (except flour and oil) and poured over one inch steaks that we sliced from a boneless leg of lamb. Marinated for about 5 hours and grilled on the barbee. Yum! Loved the flavors of the marinade combined with grilling. Great recipe!Reply
I was going to post this exact recipe! I got it out of the Cuisine at Home magazine.... and it is oh so good. I always make it with the rasberry jelly. Don't fret if you're not a mint fan. You can either leave it out or cut the amount in half. I also like alot of sauce so I make this recipe with the same amounts, but for 2 chops. Extra sauce goes great on some red potatoes as a side dish!1Reply
Neither of us are very well at the moment, so we wanted a meal with minimum effort and maximum flavour. This was pretty close to it! Both of us found it to be a little bit sweet for our taste buds, but figure it's the jalapeno jelly I bought locally. I would like to make this again and add a tablespoon of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar to balance the sweetness out. Good quick one for the lamb lovers.Reply