photo by partysweets
- Ready In:
- Prepare stock by boiling ham bone with 1 Tbs salt in large stock pot of water.
- Peel and grate potatoes.
- Add salt to grated potatoes and mix in flour with hands until no more can be added. Usually a little more than 4 cups.
- Form balls the size of fist and push a small piece of ham into the center.
- Remove Ham bone from stock.
- Add balls to boiling stock being careful not to let balls stick to bottom of pot.
- Boil softly for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with salt, butter/margarine, or sour cream. Use leftovers for breakfast and serve with syrup or jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!