Kramer Chicken Piccata With Tarragon
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon (flakes)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- Cut your chicken into thin strips (this is easy if it's slightly frozen and you use a sharp knife).
- Mix the flour and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken strips into beaten egg, then dredge generously in the flour mixture.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet and cook chicken quickly over medium-high heat, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken strips, add chicken broth and stir, making sure you get the browned flour off the bottom of the pan.
- Sauce should thicken slightly-if not, add a bit of flour which you mixed well with a little water.
- Add tarragon and place chicken back in the sauce.
- Turn heat to low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes, adding the lemon slices for the last 5-8 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation