Kosher Dill Pickles
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 10 heads fresh dill
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 5 tablespoons pickling salt
- 5 hot peppers (optional)
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 3 quarts water
- Wash cucumbers.
- Mix vinegar and water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- To the bottom of each jar, add 2 heads dill, one garlic clove, one tablespoon salt, and the pepper (if desired).
- Pack cucumbers into jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Pour boiling liquid over cucumbers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe rims, place lids.
- Adjust bands fingertip tight, and process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
- Add one minute to processing time for every 1000 feet above sea level. Remove to a protected surface to cool completely.
- Makes 5 quarts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a self employed lawn man living in Fort Collins, CO. Which my wife would say I must do for fun considering what I make at it. But for real fun I garden, drink wine, enjoy good food and movies and watch baseball. Which are also my passions, in addition to my wife. Pet peeves? Pink tomatoes in restaurants. Drivers on cell phones. People who don't pick up after their dogs. And overpriced wines.