Kosher Dill Okra Pickles
photo by krhall
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs uniform sized okra
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 6 cloves garlic, one for each jar
- 3 teaspoons mustard seeds, half tsp for each jar
- 12 heads fresh dill (I use dill seed)
- Wash and drain okra.
- Prick each okra several times with a pin, or cut small slit with knife.
- Put 1 clove garlic and 1/2 tsp mustard seed in the bottom of each jar.
- Pack okra into jars.
- Put a small bunch of dill or about 1 tsp dill seed on top of okra.
- Boil water, vinegar and salt together until salt is dissolved.
- Fill jars with boiling solution to within 1/2 inch from top.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a transplant from the USA living in Belgium.I've been over here now for almost 11 years so the "missing" things from home has kind of wore off. I love cookbooks, especially the local hometown, church or organization books and have a good collection going! Not married but sharing a home, never had kids but "adopted" the ex's kids as my own, learned Dutch now trying Italian so I can keep up with the cookbooks!!