Korean Pork BBQ (Bul-Go-Gee)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared chili paste (koh-chu-chang)
- 2 teaspoons spicy red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- kiwi, pureed
- 1⁄4 pealed Asian pear, pureed
- sliced fresh ginger (10-12 pieces)
- 3 lbs thinly-sliced bite-sized pork (1/2 lb of meat per person)
- 10 slices fresh ginger (thin slices)
- 1.Peel and chop Asian pear and kiwi. Add soy sauce and place in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 2.Grind garlic and ginger.
- 3.In a mixing bowl, add chili paste and fruit mixture and ground garlic and ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, brown sugar, honey and mix.
- 4.Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 1. Massage marinade into the meat by hand. Add slices of fresh ginger.
- 2.Marinade for a minimum of 30 – 60 minutes. Cover grill with aluminum foil.
- 3.Place meat flat on the grill- make sure not to layer meat. Cover and grill on high for 10 minutes. Turn meat over, and cook for 5 more minutes until brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Even though I am still young (25) Life experince has aged me alot. I learned to cook at both of my grandmother's knees (One southern American, one southern Irish) when I was about five. By ten I started collecting cookbooks and experinmenting on my own. As a latch key kid I cooked for my four younger brothers and sisters. My mom ran a small deli before she died when I was 17 so alot of my recies debuted there. Now I run my own catering Buisness. I am married to a wnderful man for five years now. I am a six year old daughter, sons who are four and three. We are also raising my 14 year old sister and nine Year old stepsister and have a 16 year old foster daughter, all of which love cooking with me. I am writing a cookbook with the hopes that when I pass I can leave my recipes for them My cookbook collection has now reached over 1200. Thank you for trying and reviewing my recipes.. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">