Kittencal's Chili Seasoning Mix
Double or triple all amounts, this will keep up to 8 months covered tightly at room temperature, or 1 year if refrigerated or store in freezer --- the cayenne is optional add in for extra heat, you could also omit the flour, I add it in for thickening :)
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder (or use 1 tablespoon crushed onion flakes)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder (or use 1 small packages of OXO or Knorr beef bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, can adjust to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or refrigerate.
- Shake the bottle before using.
- Use any amount desired in recipes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Hi kitten , for sometime I have been looking for a good chili seasoning I could make at home , the packets from the store just don't taste good , Well I came across your recipe and decided to try it so I made Chili yesterday and used your seasoning and my family loved it , I doubled the recipe so I'd have enough for next time and there defiantly will be a next time ! Thanks for a great recipe ! ~Wilma~