Kittencal's Caramelized Onions
- Ready In:
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced (preferably sweet onions)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (optional and to taste)
- In a skillet, melt the butter with oil over medium-high heat; add the sliced onions then sprinkle the sugar over the onions; cook stirring with a wooden spoon for about 20-25 minutes or until onions become golden brown and tender (depending on the size of your skillet try not to use more than 4 onions at a time or they will not caramelize properly).
- Add in salt and season with black pepper to taste and continue to cook, stirring for an additional 5 minutes.
Join The Conversation