Kitchenaid Kneaded Mostly Wheat Bread
photo by TJfromFL
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (not the one rise rapid yeast)
- 2 cups white wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Add water, milk, honey, and oil to pot and warm to 120 degrees.
- Remove from heat, add yeast to mixture, stir until dissolved, and let foam, up to 10 minutes.
- In mixer, put in all flour and salt, leaving out just enough flour to very lightly flour your board.
- Once yeast mixture has foamed, add to flour and mix using bread hook for one minute on power setting 1.
- Move mixer to setting 2 and mix/knead another 9 minutes.
- Remove dough from mixer, roll lightly on board to shape into a somewhat smooth ball.
- Place dough in greased bowl, roll to coat, cover with plastic wrap and a towel, then set in warm place to rise until doubled (about 30 minutes).
- Once doubled, punch down and transfer dough back to mixer. Knead with bread hook another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Tightly roll loaf (look for directions on this site) and put in oiled bread pan.
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap and napkin and let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or as needed.
- Put in preheated 375 degree oven (water bath optional) and bake 40 - 45 minutes.
- Cool on rack immediatly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!