Kimberly Gale's Banana Almond Hummus
Breakfast, snack use toasted bagals or pita chips.
- Ready In:
- 5 dried medjool dates
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- In bowl cover dates in boiling water and allow to plump for 5 minutes. Drain, pit and chop coarsely.
- IN blender [or food processor]: Combine all ingredients and processor until smooth. Add cinnamon to taste. The recipe called for a dash. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Garnish if desired with honey [do not use for non-Apian vegans or vegetarians] or other liquid sweetener and sprinkle with chopped toasted almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great! I don't know what makes this hummus but it's sure good! I used peanut butter, the kind that's just ground up peanuts. I wouldn't want to use anything with extra sweetener as the dates and bananas provide plenty of sweetness. I think almond butter would be even better! I might also recommend putting the soy milk in last to get it the consistency you want, it was pretty thin with the 2 TBS. I ate this on toasted bagels. Yum!Reply