Kid Pleaser Vegetarian Manicotti
- Ready In:
- 4 cups spinach
- 1⁄4 cup schredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 12 manicotti
- Boil the manicotti shells til they are half way cooked.
- Chop up the spinach fairly small.
- Shred the cheese and mince the garlic.
- Add all the ingredients except the shells in a large bowl and mix well.
- Drain the shells and let cool, I like to rinse them with cool water and use immediately so they don't get stuck together.
- Stuff the shells.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Voila! You're done!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I'm a SAHM with four kids. One who is allergic to dairy and soy, another who is a pescatarian, one a voracious carnivore who recently told me she likes meat that moo's when it's served to her, and another who is transitioning from vegetarian to vegan. With all these issues in our home with food and cooking I would die without this site! <br> <br>I like to OAMC and finding new ways to cut down my budget. I also like scrapbooking, reading, and cooking new things. While I enjoy cooking I just don't have tons of time in the kitchen to make complicated dishes, so I really like easy, fast, cheap, and healthy meals. I am under the delusion that there is a perfect cookbook out there somewhere, but am probably mistaken ;) Finding the perfect cookbook is probably like finding the perfect purse, it'll never happen but I keep trying! <br> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/BabzyBC/Siggy/Recipezaar/JJJ-Done-1.jpg"> <br> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">"
Join The Conversation
This recipe was a bit confusing. There didn't seem to be enough filling, and the ingredients say 2 cups divided but the directions say to mix it all together. I did one cup in the filling and one cup in the pan but I think it needed two full cups in the pan. Also, I used 4 cups fresh baby spinach which I don't think was enough once I chopped it up. The ingredients didn't specify fresh, frozen, or 4 cups before or after it's chopped. Giving it three stars because the flavor was still good!