Kicked up Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 30hrs 20mins
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- Boil macaroni about 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain well.
- Meanwhile melt 1/4 cup butter and whisk in flour until smooth.
- Add milk a little at a time, whisking until smooth; bring back to a boil.
- Repeat until all the milk is added.
- Stir in white pepper and garlic powder.
- Remove from heat, slowly stir in the Velveeta cheese and Cheddar cheese, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in macaroni, set aside.
- Fry the onion and kielbasa to brown meat.
- Stir in broccoli, cook for 5 minutes to warm through.
- Stir mixture into the macaroni and cheese.
- Pour into a large crock pot or a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, melted butter and parsley together; sprinkle over macaroni and cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working mom with one son left at home and a retired husband. I love to BBQ all year long. At our church we love to have potlucks, I love to take recipies that are healthy and tasty. <br> <br><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg>