Key West Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven, heat the oil, add the chops and brown on both sides.
- Remove the chosp and and drain off all but 4 tablespoons of the fat.
- Stir in the raw dry rice, coating all the grains with the fat.
- Arrange the chops on top and sprinkle with salt.
- Place a slice of onion, a slice of lime, and a spoonful of chili sauce on each chop.
- Add the tomato juice and Tabasco, cover closely and bake until the chops are tender, about an hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>