K-Jon's Award Winning Chili
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 45mins
20 6 ounce
- 2 lbs tri-tipped steak (cut thin against grain)
- 1 lb bob evens zesty pork sausage
- 2 cups green bell peppers (chopped)
- 7 cups sweet onions (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno (seeded deveined & diced fine)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, fresh (minced fine)
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper (reserve)
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup molasses, grandma's
- 1⁄4 cup cumin
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder, dark (Spicy)
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (MSG)
- 2 -15 ounces Hunts tomato sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans rotel, chunky
- 32 ounces black beans
- 16 ounces kidney beans, dark
- 16 ounces kidney beans, light
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (green ends only)
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- -mix dry ingredients well set aside.
- -brown sausage (crumbled).
- -add steak (5 mins).
- -add veg (10 mins more) reserve yellow pepper.
- -add liquid ( liquid should be blended well and hot) 2 minutes.
- -add tomato products.
- -add dry spices, reserve 1/4 cup
- - Bring to mild boil and cover (simmer 1 ½ hours).
- -add drained and rinsed beans and reserved dry spice, simmer 10 minutes more.
- -saute yellow bell pepper ( for presentation) until soft and add & serve.
- garnish with green onion ends ( scallions) and cheddar with sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Cleveland Ohio and love food. I grew up in New Orleans and my recipes have a zesty flair. I also work alot with Italian and french foods. I love seafood and am working on my seafood recipes. If I run across anything great I will post it! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">