Juicy Lamb Burgers
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf (for garnish)
- sliced tomatoes (for garnish)
- sliced roasted red pepper (for garnish)
- Combine lamb, shallot, garlic, salt, cumin, allspice, cayenne, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine the seasonings and the meat.
- Form the meat mix into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Cover the patties with plastic wrap, and chill for at least two hours. This will allow the spices to completely season the meat.
- Prepare a grill to medium high heat. Brush both sides of the burgers with the oil, to keep them from sticking to the grill.
- Grill the patties for about 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness (or adjust to your preferred temp). Remove from heat, and cover to keep warm while you toast the buns.
- Place the buns, cut side down, on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes to toast.
- Place the burgers on the toasted buns, and garnish as desired. serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!