Judy's Breakfast Casserole
- Ready In:
- Grease a 9x13" baking dish.
- Press potatoes into the bottom and on sides.
- Sprinkle with salt and brown lightly in the oven.
- In a medium skillet, brown sausage and onion and drain.
- Spread over potato crust.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- In another bowl, beat together remaining ingredients and pour onto the crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees (400 degrees if using a glass dish) for 20 to 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks AmyZoe for posting this recipe. We made it exactly as written and enjoyed this a lot. The casserole has a nice, mild flavor. The breakfast bake stays together nicely and is not runny. You can serve it up in neat little squares. Everyone ate seconds on this. One child said that they would add maple flavored sausage to give it extra zing. Another family member thought 1/4 lb sharp cheddar and 1/4 lb swiss would make it even more flavorful. It is a keeper and we can't wait to make it again. Perfect for a brunch with some fruit on the side. Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 2009 Enjoy ChefDLH
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.