Jenn's Egg Flower Soup
- Ready In:
- Pour chicken broth into a large saucepan. Stir in salt, ginger, chives and water chestnuts.
- Bring to boil.
- Add frozen peas and carrots.
- Cook until the peas and carrots are no longer frozen.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Whisk the 3 eggs well. Drizzle egg through a fork into the broth mixture.
- If your heat is not at least at medium you will make scrambled eggs and if you do not pour through a fork it will be clumpy.
- Once the eggs have been added, stir in the cornstarch mixture gradually unitl the soup is your desired consisitency.
- I like my soup only somewhat thickened. "Dropping" the egg is easier if you have two people. One to stir the soup while the other person pours the egg through the fork into the soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!