Jasmine Rice Pilaf With Peas, Mint, and Lemon
photo by Starbucks
- Ready In:
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 cups shelled peas, blanched
- 12 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 lemons
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- fresh pea tendrils, for garnish (optional)
- Combine the rice and 6 cups of cold water in a pot. Sprinkle in the salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the liquid comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook the rice for 20 minutes, without peaking under the lid, the steam is most precious in cooking rice. When the rice has absorbed the water it will form “craters” or holes in the top.
- Let the rice sit off the heat, undisturbed with the lid on, for at least 5 minutes. This allows the rice to steam, with the bottom layer as fluffy as the top.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the blanched peas, green onions, lemon juice and zest, mint, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently, taking care not to smash the grains of rice. Garnish with pea tendrils before serving, if using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!