Jalapeño Macaroni and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced jalapeno, from jar
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno juice, from jars
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta or 1 lb macaroni noodles, cooked al dente
- In a saucepan melt butter.
- Add cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Add heavy cream and whisk.
- Add jalapeño juice and whisk.
- Mix in cheddar, stirring until cheddar is completely melted.
- Add salt, Cajun seasoning and flour. Whick until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Stir in jalapenos.
- Spray loaf pan with pan coating.
- Layer bottom of pan with cooked macaroni. Cover with cheddar mixture. Add another layer of pasta and cheddar mixture. Dust top with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This has some KICK to it. It was a little spicy for us. Next time I'll leave out the jalapeno juice out. I did have to add more cheese since DH could live on cheese alone. Also I leave out the salt since the cajun seasoning had enough for us. Thanks for a new way to make mac and cheese. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>About me hmmm...well as you can see by my name, I married my favorite Repo Guy on New Years Eve 2004. We were together for a total of 10 years before I would give in...LOL. I have an awesome son who graduated High School June 2011. I am trying to convince him cooking school is the way to go, but he wants to be like Dad...what can you do? <br /> <br />We own our own Reposession Company in Fort Lauderdale that keeps us very busy. When we aren't working we are doing alot of work on our home and yard. We tend to have a lot of impromtu get togethers, mostly BBQ's by the pool and such, not too stuffy at our house. Your a guest the first time you come over, after that your part of the family and mi casa is su casa. <br /> <br />I of course love to cook, collect recipes and cookbooks and anything that has to do with food. <br /> <br />I play Bunco once a month with 11 other women that are just awesome, which we always have lots of yummy munchies at. So I am hoping I get some new recipes here to try out on them. <br /> <br />I love to read - everything from James Patterson to Laurell K Hamilton...yeah I am digging on the vampires lately. <br /> <br />Living in FLorida, I just love warm weather and spending time in the sun. I am a sun worshiper and hope to one day live on the beach. <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/4811_36069_t.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></a><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/candle3.png border=0 alt=Photobucket /><img src=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/goldsparkle.png border=0 alt=Made by Bella14ragazza /></a></p> 8761539"