- Ready In:
- romaine lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of spring mixed salad greens
- grapes, halved
- celery, chopped
- toasted nuts (slivered almonds, pecans or)
- dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- For dressing, blend everything in blender and slowly add 1/2 C oil.
- Add celery seed.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss gently.
- Cooked chopped chicken breast can be added to make a complete meal.
Join The Conversation
My main problem with this recipe is that celery seeds were not listed in the ingredients. I had already put the salad together and was making the dressing when I came to the step that says to add celery seed. I didn't have any on hand and our main dish was ready so I had to leave them out. That being said, DH and I both said that this had great potential but the dressing needed something. I may add a little more oil to the dressing next time as well as the celery seeds. We will adjust our rating if needed.
Oh this is a yummy salad! Great flavors combined. I used toasted walnuts, my preference and love dried cranberries in a salad. I could tell by the ingredients this was going to be a hit! It was delicious. So simple to make, had everything on hand. Thanks for sharing, I will make this again -->Made for ZWT3. Wonderful lunch... ~V