photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 20mins
- 1 kg jackfruit, raw, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250 g mung beans, red, dried
- 100 g fermented black beans
- 200 g white onions
- 50 g garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 liter water or 1 -1 1/2 liter vegetable stock
- 30 ml liquid smoke (optional)
- Soak red mung beans in cold water overnight to rehydrate.
- Boil rehydrated mung beans, white onion, and garlic in water or vegetable stock for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Add liquid smoke, fermented black beans, and jackfruit. Simmer for 20 minutes or until jackfruit is fork tender.
- Season with salt if needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!