Jacked up Banana Bread
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 -4 bananas, smashed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup salted butter, melted (5 1/3 Tablespoons)
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup brown sugar, not packed (I use 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, vanilla, and bourbon, then the spices.
- Sprinkle the baking soda, baking powder, and salt over the mixture and mix inches
- Add the flour last; mix until all the flour is incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for one hour, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?