Italian Spinach Salad - Toh
From TOH Simple and Delicious Mar/April edition 2008. I'm saving this for a spring salad choice when baby spinach is in season locally. It looks very simple to put together. I'm really drawn to it by the warm dressing you use over the salads. Makes 8 salad plates/servings - so adjust as necessary. I've already made a few adjustments based on my personal preferences (cooked bacon over bacon bits, vidalia onion over red, and added the red peppers).
- Ready In:
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped (they said Bacon bits but I like only fresh)
- 1 small vidalia onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned croutons
- On eight salad plates, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion, red pepper and dill (if desired).
- In a small saucepan, cook the salad dressing and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle over the prepared salad plates and then sprinkle the salads with croutons.
- Serve immediately!