Italian Sausage Cacciatore
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I decided to try Cacciatore with some Italian Sausage I needed to use up. Excellent it was! I also used a few pieces of bacon, but that is up to you. Serve with your favorite pasta.
- Ready In:
- 4 links Italian sausage, diced (casing removed)
- 6 slices bacon, diced (optional)
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a sauce pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Fry sausage, and bacon if using until golden.
- Remove all but 1 tbsp of fat from pan.
- Add onion, green peppers, celery, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper until mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, bring to a boil.
- Stir, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add sausage to tomato mixture, cover and simmer for about another 10 minutes.
- Ladle over individual servings of pasta.
- Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Cook your favorite pasta according to package direction.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION