Italian Potato Salad
photo by atm1970
- Ready In:
- Boil potatoes, keeping skins on, until tender.
- Meanwhile, crush garlic into medium-sized serving bowl and add chopped parsley.
- Add olive oil and mix well.
- Let mixture sit while potatoes are cooking.
- When potatoes are done and still HOT (or at least very warm- they absorb the flavour better that way), cut into bite-sized chunks and add to parsley-garlic mixture.
- (If you prefer to peel your potatoes, feel free).
- Stir well to coat potatoes.
- If more oil is needed (sometimes it varies, depending on the potatoes), add enough to get desired amount.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This is best when it sits for at least an hour at room temperature before serving to let the flavours combine.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was WONDERFUL.... I was looking for an easy non-mayo potato salad recipe and this is perfect! I tasted it right after I made it and then let it sit until the rest of my dinner was ready ( about an hour-and-a-half) and that standing time REALLY makes a difference....The flavors really meld into the potatoes. I refrigerated the leftovers and they were equally yummy today! Thanks for a great recipe- I'll be using it often! UPDATE: I made this again the other day, but didn't have any oarsley so I used dill instead- worked beautifully; different taste but just as good, my DH said he loves it both ways!
Brava! Che bella insalata! Mel, this totally reminded me of something you would have at my house or at Nonna's :)I had this saved in my cookbook for a while and I decided to use up some red potatoes I had and finish up some parsley I bought on Sunday. I used the garlic press for the garlic and used 4 big cloves (personal preference). I used kosher salt and also added a some fresh lemon juice. This potato salad is so good and will be used to serve with grilled meats in the warmer months ahead! So simple and so delicious. Grazie e Ciao Ragazza!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
When I'm not nose-deep in a book for school, I love to spend time with friends and family, shop, travel, and surf on 'Zaar of course! I recently began taking ballroom dance lessons and even though I have two left feet most days, I still enjoy it!