Italian Potato Cakes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat the oven to 415º F.
- Slice the onion, break it into rings, and, in a strainer, rinse the rings under cold water.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the garlic, and set aside.
- Place a layer of potato on the bottom of an 8" springform pan, followed by layers of onion, butter, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Grind some black pepper and a little sea salt.
- Repeat the layers until you have used up all the ingredients, keeping a bit of butter to drizzle on the top.
- Finish with potato and then drizzle on a little butter.
- Spoon the milk over the top.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet with a lip or flat pizza pan with a lip.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and the potatoes are tender.
- Check in 45 minutes; if the top is getting too brown, cover with foil.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Unclip the sides of the pan and remove, and transfer to a plate for serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again