photo by IronChefNicole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- Mix ALL ingredients and let stand for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat about an inch of oil in a heavy frying pan, make sure it is very hot so that the dough will sizzle once it hits the water. You can test it by taking a tiny bit of dough and throw it in the pan, it should brown quickly.
- Take s spoonfull of the dough and drop it in the hot oil. They will cook for a couple minutes Once the dough turns itself over in the oil and all sides are a nice golden brown they are done.
- Place them on a paper towel to soak the oil up.
- Coat them with powdered sugar. You can sprinkle it or toss them in a ziploc bag with powdered sugar. It just depends how much sugar you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a mom of 2 girls, Lily and Anjaleigh who are 7 and 5. I love to bake, cook and try out new recipes. I'm also an avid Texas Hold 'Em player.</p>