Island Tuna and Pineapple
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped into large pieces (about 3/4 inch)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped into large pieces (about 3/4 inch)
- 1 (7 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained and broken into large chunks
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced into wedges (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice (or amount preferred for personal taste)
- Drain the canned pineapple chunks, reserving the juice.
- In a bowl, combine the juice from the pineapple, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, water and cornstarch. Whisk together very well until smooth, then set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat until very hot. Add onion and pepper and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add pineapple chunks and stir-fry for about another 30 seconds. Add tuna and stir-fry gently for about another 15 seconds.
- Stir reserved liquid mixture again, then pour over tuna pineapple mixture. Stir gently to combine, bring to a boil, and cook just until thickened.
- If desired, stir in tomato wedges until heated through.
- Serve on hot cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!