Island Rice With Cumin and Coconut
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook the shallots until soft. Add the rice and cumin, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut, broth, and raisins, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until all the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork, add the parsley, and taste for salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a stay at home mom to a super spunky little girl. She's only 18 months and already full of personality. <br />I love recipezaar and am just getting into the contests and events. It's really helping me break out of my cooking rut. I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to review or post a photo of any of my recipes, good or bad. After all we all have different tastes and suggestions for improvement are always welcome. <br /> <br /><br /><br /><br /></p>