Irresistible Chicken & Grape Salad
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken (cooked, diced in small pieces or shredded)
- 3 cups grapes (seedless and halved)
- 2 cups celery (chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel (grated-zest)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- Combine chicken, grapes and celery in a large bowl; mix well.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, ginger, sugar, salt, zest and juice in a small bowl; whisk until well mixed.
- Pour over chicken mixture; mix well. Chill covered to blend flavors, serve on lettuce leaves and top with macadamia nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh boy, what a treat this was. It was so good. It could have easily passed for dessert even with the chicken in it. I omitted the nayonnaise as I didn't have any and never even missed it. I also used candied ginger as I was out of fresh. This is a salad that I will make often. The red seedless grapes and celery give it a nice crunch. We enjoyed the flavors and textures in this dish very much. Kudos on a great recipe that I will make again. :)
This was good. It was the first time that I've ever had grapes in my chicken salad. I only had the black seedless grapes, but I think it would have been better with red or green grapes. I did cut it down to 2 servings as I knew that my DD & DH wouldn't eat it. Will try again with different grapes. Thanks for posting this. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.