Irish Salmon With Sorrel
- Ready In:
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) salmon fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 whole lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 granny smith apples, diced small
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 bunch sorrel, shredded (about 8 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- Dry salmon on paper towels and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 12 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet and heat over medium/high heat.
- Place the salmon fillets (presentation side down) on the hot skillet. Fry until golden brown, turning at least twice.
- In a separate saucepan, gently cook over medium heat in the remaining butter the diced apples, scallions, sorrel, about 2 minutes.
- Divide among four plates.
- Place the cooked salmon fillets on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
(Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007.) I nearly gave this four stars, but talked it over with my husband and we decided that five was more appropriate. The problem is that we've gotten used to strong flavors; lots of garlic, lots of ginger, etc., etc. This was much more mild than I'd expected, but it really was delicious. This is the first time I used sorrel, and to be honest I still don't know what it tastes like -- I couldn't discern a new or different flavor in this. I loved the fact that the apples were tart and crunchy, rather than sweet; the combination of apples and scallions was terrific, and really set off the richness of the salmon. Extremely easy to prepare, and quite yummy -- we'll make it again! Thanks for posting this.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on a Farm in the country not too far from Fort Worth, TX. I have an extensive herb garden and raise my own veggies each summer. My life is filled with horses and my dogs, Australian Shepherds who I run with in Agility trials many weekends throughout the year. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif"> <img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/dejectedwithstars/redborder-animate.gif"> <img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Banners/Photo_Video_577111733_orig.jpg>