Indian Kolkata Egg Rolls
photo by Mrs. Danger_horse
- Ready In:
4 egg rolls
- 4 rotis
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 4 green or purple chili peppers
- tomato sauce
- diced cooked chicken (optional, for chicken egg roll)
- Beat eggs. Add a little milk or salt if desired. Have all salad ingredients thinly sliced and ready.
- Heat 1/4 of the oil in a flat large frypan.
- Pour 1/4 of the egg mix in and swirl it around to make an omlette the size of the roti. Before the egg sets, place a roti on top and press down gently.
- When egg is cooked, flip roti and cook for a couple of seconds.
- Remove from the frying pan and place on a board, egg side up.
- Arrange 1/4 of the sliced cucumber and onion and 1 sliced chilli (and chicken if using) in a line up the centre of the roti. Squeeze on a little tomato sauce.
- Roll up with the salad ingredients in the middle.
- Wrap with a piece of lunch paper/greaseproof paper to hold it all together,.
- Repeat for the rest of the egg, roti, and salad ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a resident of the beautiful island to the south of mainland Australia-- Tasmania. I love the peace and greenness of the "Holiday Isle". What a spot to live all the time! A mum to two beautiful girls (a baby and a toddler), I'm also a bit of a country girl, and we live on a few acres that incorparate horses, ducks, chooks, a cat, and who knows what else by now! I'm also a Bible Student, and attend classes and meetings a few times a week. I'm a member of the Christadelphians, which is a Bible based, world wide, community, who are keen to share the Truth of God's word with everyone. I really believe that God's Word has something in it that makes it interesting and relevant for every single person to look at it. To see a photo of me with my friend's horse, click: http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/457815/P1030676.JPG