Impossibly Easy Ham and Cheddar Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle ham, cheese, onions and apple in pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over ham mixture.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in preheasted oven or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
i don't know what it is about these dang impossibly easy pies, but i've never been able to get one to "set" properly. hmph. i baked this for about 7 extra minutes and let it rest, but after that we were so hungry we decided to go ahead and consume it runny :). The flavor was delicious, and I think my issue is with the chef, not the recipe as this has happened before. DH really enjoyed it, and between us we managed to polish off the whole thing so it didn't end too badly LOL. I did swap out green chiles for the apples, mostly b/c I had them on hand and they sounded good. Served with steamed broccoli and chips/salsa (to go with the chile). Thanks for posting!