Impossible Bacon and Tomato Pie
photo by Mrs. Hughes
- Ready In:
- 12 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease pie plate.
- Sprinkle bacon, tomatoes, and cheese in pie plate.
- Beat remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high speed or 1 minute with hand beater.
- Pour into pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown and tests done, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Refrigerate any leftover pie.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook healthy, but I want it to be easy and delicious! HA! I like cooking with an instant pot and the crockpot. Cooking in the oven is great...as long as I don't have to do a lot of prep work to get it in the oven. I am a teacher and don't have time for complicated and time consuming recipes during the school year. During the summer, it's a different story. I'll cook those complicated and time consuming recipes. I have a bit more time for that. I like a good farmer's market where I can get fresh vegetables Because, let's face it, those farmer's market vegetables just taste better! Nothing beats fresh fruits and vegetables and summer is the best time to enjoy those. I really enjoy cooking for my husband and family, gatherings with friends and family, church and work potlucks, and anyone else who needs something to eat. hahaa I like trying new and always delight in finding a new treasure to add to the recipe box. My mother was a fantastic cook! I've never had fried chicken as good as hers. Her chocolate pie was the absolute best. She made the best lasagna, chicken and dressing, chicken pot pie, Christmas candy, cakes, and pies. Although mom and I cook differently, I learned so much from her about cooking good food. So, really I owe my cooking skills to my mom.