Iced Lemon Pineapple Green Tea
- Ready In:
- 6 lemons
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 quarts green tea
- 6 mint sprigs, plus more
- mint sprig, for garnish if desired (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- thin wedges pineapple, garnish (optional)
- Juice 4 lemons and strain.
- Slice remaining 2 lemons.
- Stir lemon juice and pineapple juice into tea.
- Crush 6 mint springs and stir into tea.
- Stir in sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon slices to tea.
- Put ice in a large pitcher and pour tea mixture over ice.
- Pour over ice in glasses, garnishing with mint and pineapple slices, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this so much. I had a bunch of mint and green tea to use, so made this for us and had a great, great, wonderful taste. I also had an over abundance of lemonade that was frozen. I thawed this lemonade out into the pitcher, reduced the sugar and added the pineapple juice and some ice. The tea, the pineapple the lemon went together perfectly, We will be making this again, very soon, thanks ellie!
A good thirst-quencher. Not too sweet, not too tart. Something you can drink a big glass of on a hot day. But even though I'd made the tea STRONG the flavor seemed faint. The pineapple, green tea, lemon, and mint seemed to joust for dominance without any one succeeding -- leaving the taste buds a bit confused.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>