Iceberg Salad With Spicy Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 garden tomatoes, cut into large matchsticks (I used yellow and red you can use what you have)
- 4 -6 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley or 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 chili pepper, seeded (I used habanaro, you can use seeds if you dare!)
- 1 whole chipotle chile in adobo
- Place all dressing ingredients into blender and blend till smooth.
- Toss all salad ingredients together add dressing and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a great change for the usually mundane salad. I prepared it as posted but left out the chili pepper. It was still plenty hot and spicy but loved the contrast with the crisp iceburg lettuce. I let my guests add thier own dressing, not knowing if they liked spicy hot flavors. Turns out that everyone thought it was great. This will make a wonderful addition to wraps that I make for lunch!